A Brief Outline
The inaugural meeting of St. Peter’s College Old Boys’ Union took place on 15th October 1927, presided over by the First Rector, very. Rev. Fr. D.J. Nicholas Perera O.M.I. It is worth recalling that the idea of forming themselves into a union came from the Old Boys themselves, a few months after the name change from St. Joseph’s College South to St. Peter’s College was officially promulgated on 2nd April 1927 and has been actively supporting College since then. (Read more…)
|Music By: George De Niese,
Words By: T.L. MinorChorus :
Lend a heart and lend a hand,
And lift the flag on high !
Let it’s glorious colours give
A greeting to the sky !
Golden gleam and silver sheen
And Blue that crowns the world !
Set the Flag a flying. Boys
Keep the flag unfurled.
1.While in boyhood, here we linger,
Lend a heart…
2. “Strong as rocks” we’ll meet the surges,
Lend a heart…
3. “Strong as rocks”, we’ll play the game Boys
Lend a heart…
UPCOMING EVENTSView All
A GLOBAL REUNION OF THE OLD PETES
The St. Peter’s College Old Boys’ Union in its 90th year has organised a reunion of the Old Boys of their Alma Mater to be held from 2nd to 11th March 2017. A first in the history of the Union, this event also coincides with the 95th anniversary of St. Peter’s College.
The organisers have arranged for several events during the 10 days the programme lasts and these include the annual Stag Night on 2nd March, the Big Match against St. Joseph’s College more popularly known as the Battle of the Saints on 3rd and 4th March, a Back to School event on 5th March (Sunday), a formal meeting with the Committee of Management for the visiting Old Boys on 9th, a gala get together on 10th and the Joe-Pete rugby match to be played on 11th at the Peterite grounds.
With many Old Peterites domiciled abroad joining the Peterite alumni in Sri Lanka the event is bound to be a roaring success.
Those who have still not booked their places in the different events are directed to the OBU’s friendly FB page (click here) for details.
Back to School 03
- 09.30a.m – Sunday morning mass at College Chapel
- 10.30a.m – Assembly at Quadrangle
- 11.00a.m – Interval with Maalu Paan & Tea (Fish Buns)
- 11.30a.m – Back to Classrooms (if we can grab all in)
- 01.00p.m – Lunch & Social and Peterite Lounge (if we can accommodate all)
- 04.00p.m – St.Peter’s College Vs Royal College Rugger match at College Grounds (if too sober, can watch it from the Lounge too)
AGM of the Football Foundation
The 2nd Annual General Meeting of the Football Foundation will be held on the 5th October 2016 at 6.30 p.m. at the Sr. Flora Memorial Lecture Room of St. Peters College, Colombo 4.
The agenda for the AGM will be as follows:
* Opening Prayer
* Reading of the Notice of the Annual General Meeting
* Address by Patron, Rev. Fr. Rector
* Address by Vice Patron, the OBU President
* Address by the President of the Football Foundation
* Presentation on the Annual Report period under review by the President
* Adoption of the Audited Statement of Accounts
* Election of Office Bearers for 2016/2017
* College Anthem
by order of the Executive Committee
Gehan de Silva
AGM of the Cricket Foundation Postponed
Please note the AGM of the Cricket Foundation had to be postponed due to unavoidable circumstances.
New date will be notified in due course.
Latest VideosView All
CRICKET: Watch Live – St. Peter’s College v St. Aloysius College – U19
Featured Image courtesy of “The Papare“
Rugby: President’s Trophy – Isipathana Vs St. Peter’s
Featured Image courtesy of “The Papare”
Watch the highlights of the match below on YouTube (courtesy “The Papare“):
Referee – Dinka Peiris
Isipathana: (12) 24
Tries: (Vageesha Weerasinghe, Sumudu Rankothge, Devin Gunarathne, Kushan indunil )
Conversions: Gayan Wickramarathne (2)
St.Peters: (13) 20
Tries: Stephan Sivaraj, Sandesh Jayawickrama
Conversions: stephan Sivaraj (2)
Penalties: stephan Sivaraj (2)